CAN 2015: Teams of Cape Verde and Tunisia tied in Ebebiyin

In the second match of Group B, the teams of Cape Verde and Tunisia tied at one goal in the new stadium of Ebebiyin, which recorded an excellent number of spectators.

The match starts with the two teams in expectation, awaiting a mistake by their rival. Twelve minutes in, the Tunisian player Chikhaoui Moncer stops the ball with his chest and shoots with power, but the ball goes over the goal defended by Vozinha.

Two minutes later, the Gabonese referee Eric Otogo-Castañe admonishes Khazri for a tackle against the Cape Verdean Heldon. The first opportunity for Tunisia comes with a great header from the midfielder Akaichi, which is securely stopped by the goalkeeper of Cape Verde.

The game is balanced and neither team achieves long possessions of the ball. At thirty minutes, the most incisive player of Cape Verde, Heldon, manages to get past Abdennour, and passes to Tavares, who fails to finish it off due to the successful intervention of Mathlouthi. The first half is dominated by Cape Verde, but the team is unable to score during their opportunities.

The second half starts with equality, but the Cape Verdeans have the first clear chance, when a shot by Miranda overcomes the goalkeeper Mathlouthi and is cleared on the goal line by Youssef.

Tunisia is slowly improving its game and, at seventy minutes, a good play by the Tunisians started by Saihi is combined with Maaloul and his pass is topped off by Moncer to the back of the net.

Cape Verde launches the attack and six minutes later the striker Heldon is brought down inside the area by Yossef and the referee calls the penalty. The maximum penalty is shot by Heldon to the left and obtains the tie.

With this result, the four teams in Group B have one point and everything will be decided in the coming days.

Text: Javier Hernandez and Pilar Ayecaba
Photos: Pilar Ayecaba (D. G. Base Internet) and CAF

Equatorial Guinea’s Press and Information Office

You May Also Like